Executive Vice President, 3Vision
Winning in a fast-expanding content universe
Thursday 13 June 2019
Princess Anne Theatre
15:20 – 16:30
Winning with content; EU’s 30% VOD quota; online sports; improving live streaming/normalising digital publishing
Cutting Through the Complexities of the Content Marketplace
Becoming a VOD champion in local markets
Anna Maria Vujinovic
Director Digital and Business development, Tech and Data, RTL
Panel: Becoming the local content champion – and spending more on rights and less on tech
- Will the EU’s 30% European-sourced VOD quota rule bring forward the showdown between broadcasters and international SVODs seeking ‘local’ dominance?
- What does it take for broadcasters to become the local VOD champion: more originals, more co-productions, SVOD presence, shared broadcaster VOD platforms…?
- Are exclusive sports the key to attracting more long-time Pay TV customers to large digital streaming services; How big a priority is sports for broadcaster digital services?
- We want to reduce the cost and complexity of streaming to multiple devices so the industry can spend more on content – what will help rationalise workflows and distribution?
- As born-broadcast D2C giants start to repatriate their best content, and born-digitals commission more production, will every media owner need their own studios to sustain streaming catalogues?
- What are the opportunities for sports rights owners to engage younger or casual fans, and better monetise super-fans, using digital – without cannibalising Pay TV revenues?
- How do we achieve the reliability, picture quality and especially the low latency to make live streaming the equal of broadcast TV?
Moderated by: Jack Davison, Executive Vice President, 3Vision