Earning more time and revenue from consumers
Thursday 13 June 2019
Princess Anne Theatre
13:40 – 14:50
Gaining a competitive edge with data analytics; gaining a competitive edge with your UX; analysing key services.
Why we are approaching a watershed moment, when less price-sensitive consumers join the SVOD rush
- The evidence that we have reached a temporary ceiling for SVOD stacking, and why growth in multiple subscriptions will resume again
- The figures that show the least price-sensitive consumers are yet to fully engage with SVOD, and what will happen to this market when they do
- Making sense of the streaming landscape: where each popular service fits, and the market they serve.
Research Director, Ampere Analysis
Five things leaders get wrong in VOD
- The leadership principles that underpin VOD success including the five things you must get right
- Thinking about people, teams, management buy-in, the organisation and how you get things done in VOD
- The five things media leaders get wrong in VOD – in order according to the damage they inflict
- How Channel 4 has made VOD part of its internal DNA.
Head of All 4, Channel 4 Television
Panel: Increasing the time and money consumers will give you
- What are the emerging challenges and opportunities in content discovery, whether digital video providers want to engage via their own apps or at third-party locations?
- Are some online aggregators / apps onboarders more valuable than others when it comes to viewer engagement and propensity to churn – and how can app owners help the under-performers?
- What trade-offs can an app owner and an online aggregator make to ensure each has the data they need to engage and monetise their viewers – and what are the data red-lines neither can compromise?
- What is the best practice in trying to win back customers who have left, and can we maintain an ongoing relationship with seasonal or occasional streaming subscribers?
- Once password sharing becomes a problem, how do we manage it – how do you tackle friend-shares without alienating subscribers, and even create sales opportunities?
- Where is the low-hanging fruit when applying data analytics, AI and ML to a video streaming service: content portfolio decisions, viewer engagement, subscriber value…
- The role of super-aggregator – providing access to multiple streaming services in the same place – is under-served: what are the UX innovations that will help someone dominate this function?